
What does one do when one wakes up with a sore throat? Here are some of the common remedies I have heard: go to the doctor, gargle with iodine- mixed with water of course, drink a concoction of ginger, honey, lemon juice, and hot water, tie grilled green onions around your neck, soak cubed pieces of daikon (Japanese radish) in honey for several hours and drink the juice, relax, eat vegetables that grow under ground such as carrots, potatoes, daikon, Chinese cabbage, and buy new shoes cuz new shoes always makes one smile.
I have drunk the ginger, honey, lemon juice drink - not so bad if you get the right combination. I have also soaked the daikon with honey and am surprised at how good and easy that goes down, soothing the throat. And we definitely bought new shoes cuz - well, new shoes always makes one smile :)
1 comment:
Well shoot! I had a sore throat last week AND I needed new shoes! Where was this information when I really needed it? ;)
Post a Comment